Regulation (EU) No 923/2012 SERA : Standardised European Rules of the Air
Revision from March 2022
Article 1 Subject matter and scope - Regulation (EU) 2016/1185
- The objective of this Regulation is to establish the common rules of the air and operational provisions regarding services and procedures in air navigation that shall be applicable to general air traffic within the scope of Regulation (EC) No 551/2004.
- This Regulation shall apply in particular to airspace users and aircraft engaged in general air traffic:
- operating into, within or out of the Union;
- bearing the nationality and registration marks of a Member State of the Union, and operating in any airspace to the extent that they do not conflict with the rules published by the country having jurisdiction over the territory overflown.
- This Regulation shall also apply to the competent authorities of the Member States, air navigation service providers, aerodrome operators and ground personnel engaged in aircraft operations.
- This Regulation shall not apply to model aircraft and toy aircraft. However, Member States shall ensure that national rules are established to ensure that model aircraft and toy aircraft are operated in such a manner as to minimise hazards related to civil aviation safety, to persons, property or other aircraft.