Regulation (EU) No 923/2012 SERA : Standardised European Rules of the Air
Revision from October
- EASA :
- FRANCE :
SECTION 3 General rules and collision avoidance
Chapter 3 Signals
SERA.3301 General - Regulation (EU) 923/2012
- Upon observing or receiving any of the signals given in Appendix 1, aircraft shall take such
action as may be required by the interpretation of the signal given in that Appendix.
- The signals of Appendix 1 shall, when used, have the meaning indicated therein. They shall
be used only for the purpose indicated and no other signals likely to be confused with them
shall be used.
- A signalman/marshaller shall be responsible for providing standard marshalling signals to
aircraft in a clear and precise manner using the signals shown in Appendix 1.
- Only persons trained, qualified and approved as required by the relevant Union or national
legislation shall carry out the functions of a signalman/marshaller.
- The signalman/marshaller shall wear a distinctive fluorescent identification vest to allow
the flight crew to identify that he or she is the person responsible for the marshalling
- Daylight-fluorescent wands, table-tennis bats or gloves shall be used for all signalling by
all participating ground staff during daylight hours. Illuminated wands shall be used at
night or in low visibility.